October 12, 2017: Zodiac Pacific Precision Products officially launched during the NBAA 2017 FIVE, the first airworthy active fragrance diffusion system for the VIP aviation market, after successfully completing testing on a BBJ interior last month.
FIVE, named after the fifth and powerful sense of smell, is the first active fragrance diffusion system for VIP cabins. After 10 different tests varying the two diffusers location and the cabin air circulation, the results were unequivocal and validated all the functionalities and performances claimed by the FIVE system:
• A positive fragrance experience in the cabin able to mask existing odors
• Rapid fragrance diffusion and dissipation: the fragrance populated all the tested lounge area in less than 2 minutes, and dissipated within 30 seconds after the system was turned-off.
• A regular fragrance experience through space with adjustable intensity
• Restriction of the fragrance diffusion to a specific cabin zone
• No damage and residue on the aircraft interior
Jean-Marc Lemaitre, Head of FIVE’s Business-Development says, “The very positive appreciation from our customers, following the on aircraft tests is a significant milestone for this project. Two years after the start of the project during NBAA 2015, FIVE is about to further enhance passenger experience aboard VIP cabins”.